Some of the highlights of the study show that the 107 EU companies surveyed present in Zambia:
- Have a combined turnover of 2.4 billion EUR, on which taxes are paid;
- Directly employ more than 12.000 Zambians;
- Supply goods and services from more than 13.000 Zambian companies;
- Spend 46 million EUR per year on social actions;
- 49% have been here for more than 10 years;
- 65% are motivated to invest in Zambia by the local market.
This shows the positive impact the EU business community has on the Zambian economy and their deep vertical and horizontal connections to local businesses, which is what the EUZBC is also trying to promote.